Sunday, January 26, 2003

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention, but thanks to my friends Greg and Jaime I was on the list for last night's Zwan show at The Metro. I originally had great reservations about attending a sold-out Billy Corgan love-fest but I'm glad I did. Why? Openers South Of Houston are from L.A. and they so totally and thoroughly rocked it so made up for how boring Zwan was. I think I spent a total of five minutes on the main floor because I was having too good a time talking to the South Of Houston boys in their dressing room. Don't take my word on how solid they are though...come and see them for yourself at my next Double Door bill on Feb 21 with NESS, Sour Deluxe and Woolworthy.

Speaking of Woolworthy they played their first full local show -- since coming back from their European and tour -- at The Note last night and they simply tore the place apart. I'm glad there are still a few fucking great rock bands in Chicago...

Excellent.

No comments: