Thursday, April 10, 2003

Blah.

Yup, just blah. It's one of those days where I just can't seem to get amped about anything. This is rather odd considering the fact that I'm going to see The Polyphonic Spree tonight and they are a band that I was so psyched to see live that I actually bought the tickets months ago. Other than The Flaming Lips and Beck that is something I haven't done in a really, really long time (buy advance tix that is.)

Regardless I am filled with the blahs. It's a beautiful day outside, Betty the Beagle is going to take me for a walk in a bit and I still feel blah.

Maybe I'll throw in Daniel Johnston's new disc Fear Yourself. If you haven't heard this yet I have to tell ya that it's one of the prettiest things I've heard this year. Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse produced it (and obviously provided most of the instrumentation) and the end result is a cross between The Flaming Lips and Sparklehorse with some incredibly touching and tenderly delivered lyrics courtesy of Mr. Johnston.

It might not cheer me up but it should dispel the blahs, don't you think?

No comments: