Monday, April 07, 2003

He's baaaack....

Yup, I've gone and done it again. After two years of focusing on other endeavors I've decided to dust off the old keyboard, don the ol' rock crit specs again, crack the knuckles dramatically and write for a nationally followed music web-site. I'll let the site's overlord do the speaking for me on this one:

Tomorrow I'll be launching a new column on donewaiting.com, but before then I thought I'd get all you lovable newsletter readers a sneak preview.

NAME OF COLUMN: Lost in Guyville
LOCATION OF COLUMN: Chicago, IL
WRITER OF COLUMN: Tankboy

So Tankboy e-mails me one day and says "Hey, you've got all these new columns in different cities, why aren't you showing Chicago any love?" And before you could say "Deep Dish," we had our lawyers sign the contracts and ta-da! He's writing for the site.

Tankboy comes with a lot of knowledge of the Chicago scene, so it's going to be great to have him onboard with us. We're really excited about this column.

CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK


How was New York, you ask?

Lovely. The show went well (Daddy were sweethearts, Rudy kicked out a great acoustic set and Combo No. 3 literally shook the walls), Combo No. 3 got written up in the Village Voice, Rudy and I had a blast even though Rudy got a little lost Friday night and had to stay at an over-priced hotel on the Upper East Side, I decided the smoking ban in NYC can bite my ass, we saw little girls going crazy over some dude neither Rudy nor I recognized in Times Square outside the TRL studios, We attended a poetry party that could have been really pretentious but ended up being really cool (even if white guys should just stop trying to play reggae), I spent waaaay too much money overall and my first night there I ran into David Cross and managed to be both fawning and a complete asshole in the space of 20 minutes. Oh well, he was really high -- I think it was his birthday or something -- so I don't think he really cared.

Fun!

Now it's time to lay off the booze for a while though...

No comments: