Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Crazy Judge - 0
Church - 0
Common Sense - 1


It’s about time this kook got smacked down. Personally I believe the Ten Commandments are a pretty good set of rules to follow. However I also believe that Church and State should keep out of each other’s hair and if they get too close together it can really fuck things up.

This particular instance and the thick-headed judge behind all this ruckus raises another and more important problem though. His obvious disregard for the actual duties of the judicial branch is really alarming. Last time I checked courts were supposed to interpret laws based on precedent and not just fabricate them or attempt to rise above the rules. Unfortunately this guy’s actions are part of a broader trend as our boys and girls on benches in courtrooms across our confused nation are taking on the role of lawmaker.

And to think that I wasn’t going to write anything other than, “Ugh, too much work and not enough sleep so I’m not gonna post anything today.” I guess you just can’t keep a good blowhard like me down, eh?

No comments: