Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Now here's a kick ass idea!

I should have thought of this first. Excellent Online has gotten a bunch of their favorite musicians together and released a two-disc compilation of terrific unreleased or rare material entirely on-line in high grade MP3s. You can download these terrific tunes and some CD art-work right here.

There is also a Flaming Lips tribute compilation I've found and I'll link to that in a few days but I figured everyone should check out Flirt first..

So now that I've discovered this totally cool, low-overhead, pro-music idea I think I may just have to try to throw one of my own together. Any groups out there interested? It would be nice to include some folks I don't already work closely with. And anyone have some extra server space they're not using that wouldn't mind a temporary residency consisting of cool music?

No comments: