Monday, September 08, 2003

Hack hack wheeze!

Well well well. Photogal and I went camping this weekend with a mutual friend and I must admit a fine time was had by all. I learned just how cool an iPod is when you’re the only one up staring off into the darkness rimming the dying embers of a fire at midnight. I did feel a slight twinge of guilt for providing an auxiliary soundtrack to nature’s offering but I just couldn’t resist.

We were in Wyalusing State Park in Wisconsin and the grounds were terrific. Even better was the mellow tenor of the other campers which ultimately led to wonderfully quiet evenings. This is in comparison to other camping trips I’ve been on where huge groups of people drink as much Coors as they can swallow and – inevitably – one of them remains awake and screaming some long-lost ex’s name into the night. Oh yeah, tons-o-fun, I assure you.

The only downside to this particular camping trip would be this helluva chest cold I seem to have caught out there. Either my body just can’t handle crisp, clean air or I’ve contracted the West Nile virus. Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have chain-smoked the way I did but there is just something so frickin’ satisfying about seeing plumes of smoke shoot out of your mouth and travel illuminated over a campfire. Really, it’s pretty neat.

So here I am now, at the real-world-full-time job guzzling TheraFlu and bugging factories for product information. I really don’t get much more glamorous than this, kids!


No comments: