Thursday, November 20, 2003

Fucking rock and/or roll!

I saw The Darkness last night and had my belief in rock and/or roll reconfirmed. My review can be found here along with some stunning photos courtesy of Photogal.

O.D.B. throws down the 411 on marketing.

The following are excerpts from an interview with Dirt McGirt a.k.a. Ol' Dirty Bastard that appeared in The Licensing Book. The interview was conducted by Heidi Minx. ODB throws down the basics of Marketing 101:

Guerilla marketing -- genius or overdone?

ODB: Genius. How else is anyone gonna know who you are?

Best quote you ever heard and chose to follow?

ODB: My mom always said God made Dirt and Dirt don't hurt.

What brand do you think is most on-target at: Specialty [stores]?

ODB: My teeth, those are special.

What campaign stood out most to you this year and why?

ODB: The free ODB campaign cause it got me back on the street!

If you could change one thing within your company, what would it be?

ODB: I would have liked to have thrown them out to the public quicker, my clothes that is, so I could please my fans.

What person do you most respect in this business and why?

ODB: Russell Simmons because he started the game of Hip-Hop and clothes with Phat Farm and Def Jam. I have always looked up to him for what he created -- I hope to create the same empire one day. Also, I have to say Damon Dash for giving me a second chance - he has built an empire as well.

___


Well, he is pretty spot-on about Simmons. That dude's a legend!

No comments: