Monday, November 10, 2003

They call me mellow yellow.

Yeah, it was a pretty chill weekend. I guess the show at Double Door with Loretta et al. sucked me pretty dry energy-wise. The show itself fucking rocked and lotsa people showed up even though The Rapture was playing at The Metro so I was pretty psyched about that. Plus, I feel like I finally got Loretta some of the exposure they need to snag the love of Chicago's rather cynical music folks.

Friday a only worked half a day so me and Photogal saw The Matrix: Revolutions -- which was okay but now we know the Wachowskis are never going to deliver on the promise made by the first film - and kind of just had a "date night" complete with hot cocoa and snuggles. I know I know, it's enough to make you sick. But we enjoyed it.

Saturday Photogal, her sister and I headed up to bumblefuck Wisconsin and bummed around most of the day. We decided to hit one of the local bars around nine but had to leave a few hours later since Photogal kept winning at pool. Guys in Wisconsin, especially dude living out in the boonies, do not like to be defeated by a girl.

Yesterday I celebrated my dad's birthday with my family and caught The Twilight Singers at The Double Door. I wrote about it over here already so make with the click-click and see what I have to say about Greg Dulli and his gang. Also, I write about the new Pink disc right here. Weird, huh?

And here we are, today, and I am pretty busy. Pleasantly so. Too busy to say much more so I'm-a gonna go.

No comments: