Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Things that make you go hmmm…

So I’ve been looking for my Yeah Yeah Yeahs CD for about two months now and just this morning had decided I may as well go out to buy a new one to replace the runaway disc. Keep in mind the last time I did this was for the last Mars Volta album and no sooner had I bought its replacement than the missing disc turned up in my Jesus Christ Superstar CD case!

So this morning I’m tying my boots on the couch and look down at a David Bowie article in Vanity Fair where he lists a bunch of cool albums he owns and enjoys. I notice one of the titles is Charles Mingus’ Oh Yeah and think, “Damn, I wish I knew where that Yeah Yeah Yeahs disc is!” As I was thinking this, all bent over tying my boot, my vision skipped over to the space underneath my stereo where a brief reflection off a shiny surface caught my attention. I got up, walked over to the stereo, got down on my hands and knees and fished this new discovery out of the darkness.

It was my missing Yeah Yeah Yeahs disc.

Hmmm…

In other news…

TONIGHT

Hopefully your hangover has subsided, no?
Yes?
Yes!

Well then come on down and join
Rudy
and
DJ Tankboy
as they get you off on the good foot
in this brand new year we're in!

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday January 6, 2004
Free PBR from 8-9pm
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Lotsa new features of new and forthcoming releases like:

Air - Talkie Walkie
Melissa Auf Der Maur - Auf Der Maur
Bobby Conn - The Homeland
Kelis - Tasty
Lambchop - No, You C'mon
Light FM - The Beginning Of My Golden Age
Melismatics - New Infection
Missile - Welcome To The End Of My Rope
Moonbabies - The Orange Billboard
90 Day Men - Panda Park
Phantom Planet - Phantom Planet
Poster Children - nomoresongsaboutsleepandfire
Sour Deluxe - White Noise
Trans Am - Liberation

We rock righteously.

Ten56
1056 N Damen
Chicago, IL
773.227.4906


The Chicago RedEye says: "The teeny tables and scant booths don't leave a whole lot of room for sitting, but the crowd (hipsters from all over the city) is mainly music fans who are more comfortable on their feet anyway. Stop in on Tuesday nights, when the DJ plays the best retro-rock this side of Detroit Rock City...."

No comments: