Friday, June 11, 2004

As expected the party animal decided to hibernate.

Yup, I was all set to go out and tear up the town last night, in honor of Photogal not being around to give me disapproving looks when I stumble in at three in the A.M., but instead ended up falling asleep on the couch watching Coupling. Whoa excitement.

I did finally drag my carcass off to bed only to be woken up at four in the A.M. by a flying bundle of fur sailing and snapping over my chest. Apparently Lucy, the new dog, decided to get a little feisty and took a run at Betty the Beagle while she was sleeping. Betty won and I congratulated both on a job well done since that's what you’re supposed to do.

I guess they're actually playing for the most part with an undercurrent meant to test each other's dominance so we've kind of taken to viewing Betty as the "top dog" and Lucy as the "subordinate." I suspect Betty was being naughty the first few days by bullying Lucy but the two seemed to have settled into each other and now play regularly. What makes this particularly noteworthy is the fact the before Lucy Betty did not play with other dogs at all. She much preferred humans. So I'll take this as a good sign.

This weekend should be fun and I hope not to make an ass of myself drooling over Juliana Hatfield at Double Door tomorrow.

Also remember, as a Public Service, I still have a few Gmail invites to give away so let me know if you're intereste

No comments: