Friday, June 18, 2004

Because this is gonna rock yer socks off!

Tankboy and MOBfest present:

Saturday June 19
at
The Note

Rockit Girl
American Cosmonaut
Textbook
King Radio
Plane

Doors 8pm
Show 9pm
$8 cover / Free with MOBfest badge


Seriously, this should be loads of fun, each band is really at the top of their game and a seriously fun evening of rock and/or roll should ensue.

Tonight my friend Dave’s new band The Drama is playing at SubT and the always excellent Assassins are playing at Double Door. I will be at both shows.

This weekend’s rock is just the tonic I need. Work and home have been stressful what with lots of additional responsibilities, two dogs, a girlfriend with lots of free time on her hands to get mad at me about various things and the oh-so depressing news that both the Tribune Company and The Sun-Times have been overstating their circulation of various properties. Wait, that last bit doesn’t really affect me does it? Actually it makes me giggle a bit since The Sun-Times is more than due to eat a healthy helping of crow. The third-grade reading level sensationalist rag has pissed me off for years and it warms my cockles to see that its readership is actually far lower than it has been claiming. And now its advertisers are suing due to being overcharged.

Bwa ha hahahahahahaaaa!

No comments: