Tuesday, July 06, 2004

It’s the little things.

- Lucy, the new dog, barks quite a bit. We have taken to squirting water out of a spray bottle at her when she gets particularly loud a la a bad cat. We tried the citronella collar but she just barks and barks and barks and barks until it’s drained.

- When I’m at a gas station and go in for sundries I always have to roll up my windows since bees and wasps enjoy the garbage cans and tend to wander into my vehicle. If I get stung I’m in big trouble.

- Whilst it is not safe to let half-naked women running in the rain actually get into your vehicle, there is nothing wrong with pulling over, standing next to and keeping watch over them and calling 911. What is wrong is the cops then asking you to stick around while they go to the potential perp’s apartment. What’s up with that?

- I’m gonna miss Photogal’s third-floor condo with the rooftop deck next July 4. I’m really gonna miss her crazy neighbors and the fireworks display that must’ve cost quite a few full paychecks.

- The guy who now books the club I used to book asked me (jokingly) if I wanted my old job back since it was proving to be a major pain in the ass. I (seriously) said no way in hell would I do that again. Booking clubs is occasionally fun and rewarding but mostly it’s a headache. I’ll stick with a few shows a month that I really enjoy, thank you very much.

- Multi-DVD sets tend to come loose while shipping and a disc or two always seems to get scratched up. This is the reason Photogal is celebrating. This is also the reason I wasn’t able to enjoy any episodes of Buffy The vampire Slayer Season Six!

- Don’t leave your Cisco Pike CD in Photogal’s car or you may never see it again. You will also then hear NOTHING BUT Cisco Pike when riding shotgun. This is not a bad thing.

- It is VERY TOUGH to go back into work after having five days off. Very tough.

No comments: