Friday, August 20, 2004

Chicago Booking Agent Update!

Remember the local booking agent giving me grief yesterday? Well I was just informed that they are now e-mailing bands and telling them that I take 60% of the door at the shows I put together! Not only is that an out-and-out lie (scroll to the bottom of this post to get the real numbers), but the person sending this e-mail obviously didn't realize that the bands I work with already know and trust me so they're going to let me know when someone is trying to slam me behind my back!

The really unfortunate thing is that this person works with a couple really talented bands and this person is doing their clients no favors by behaving this way. (Update: While I still don't condone the initial wording of the response I received to my offer, it has come to light that my offer was either mis-read or mis-written but ultimitely mis-interpreted so I'm just gonna drop the whole thing.)

Oh well, that's the music biz...c'est la vie!


No comments: