Thursday, September 09, 2004

I grow weary under this burden.

Lately my mood has been analogous to a giant squid capturing its prey; dark, inky and dragging me down. A succession of bad days has done wonders to cloud my usually bright outlook on life and there’s no relief in sight. Money problems, car problems, problem problems I’m not even going to go into here, and a general lack of sleep is not helping. All week I’ve been up early and all week I’ve gotten into work much later than I wanted to since the commute depends on me securing a vehicle each day. Today I had to venture out to Palatine via train and then to my Mom’s via foot and then to work via my brother’s freshly repaired motor vehicle. It appears as if my own vehicle is not salvageable for under $800 – $800 I neither have nor will be able to secure at any point in the foreseeable future – so for now I am dependant on the kindness of others.

The only bright side, and this should give an example of how dark my mood really is, is that I have a lot of work to get done right now so at least my mind will be occupied by something other than my current bleak situation for at least eight hours each day.

No comments: