Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Look into our eyes!
How can you resist us?




Aside from just being all-around handsome young devils, Rudy and I also make ourselves appealing to other folks by possessing an uncanny knack for playing songs that people want to hear even if they’re never heard those songs before. It is our mutant superpower. Or something like that. There’s lots of new music coming out right around this time of year so we’ve got lots of new stuff to debut tonight. Come on by Ten56 tonight and hear brand new and unreleased tracks by Fatboy Slim, Fu Manchu, Jimmy Eat World, Le Tigre, Marz, Pinback, Nancy Sinatra, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (and maybe even Nancy Sinatra with The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion since I have that too), Ted Leo/Pharmacists (geez, does this list ever stop?), Tom Waits, Brian Wilson and lots and lots of other stuff.

I will even play some Mark Lanegan since I am sad he got into a car accident a week ago today and, thus, had to cancel his Chicago show that was supposed to happen tonight. I am bummed, but Photogal is near-suicidal since Lanegan is her favorite male vocalist besides Jeff Buckley. Okay, she’s not suicidal, but she is even more bummed about this turn of events than I am.

So, in order to make up for our dashed expectations -- and to warm up for our Friday appearance at InnJoy – I think it’s fair to say that the Rudy/Tankboy set this evening will crush, kill and rule.

And boogie. It will definitely boogie too.
__________

Yes, Virginia, it is early!

But when you're a transcontinental mover and shaker, sometimes these early wake-up calls are necessary to make sure all of the people are pleased all of the time.

In other words, I got a lot of stuff to do today and my only hopes of accomplishing it all is to drag my sorry butt out of bed and get out the door to work ASAP. Yes, boys and girls, I indeed live a life of high adventure!
__________

...and finally, a Geekout.



Above are photos of the costumes for the new Fantastic Four movie. It just might not suck, although Jessica Alba is quickly pigeonholing herself as the go-to girl for comic/sci-fi dorks. Watch out Jess!

No comments: