Thursday, September 02, 2004

Personal politics.

For me, this whole thing is pretty easy. I keep hearing the republicans going on and on about how the economy is improving, so I thought I’d review my personal finances over the past four years. When Bush took office four years ago, my salary was almost double what I make now. The only debt I had was a student loan since I had just graduated from college (finally) and I always got refunds around tax time.

Now I make half what I did then, my dept is huge due to being unemployed for nine months in Bush’s “recovering economy” and I’ve had to pay taxes in excess of what was deducted from my paychecks over the last two years.

On top of this I live in a climate that encourages fear of pretty much everything and threatens a boogeyman around every corner.

Hmmm…who should I vote for in two months?

No contest.

No comments: