Thursday, September 30, 2004

Wacky doodle.

So I wake up this morning and feel totally drunk. The odd thing is that I didn’t go out last night. I actually fell asleep on the couch, while watching Super Size Me, by 9:30 or so. (Very rock, I know.) The discombobulation is peeling away as I type this but it was still strange to wake up and immediately think, “Should I down a couple Motrin in case I develop a headache? Waitaminute! I didn’t have anything to drink last night. What the-!"

I really have to roll though since I have to get in early so I can get out early. I got on the list for The Futureheads show -- they’re opening for Franz Ferdinand so maybe I’ll watch them as well – and I’m still undecided if I’m going to go catch Rachael at The Metro later. The Futureheads are a no-brainer, especially based on Karen’s raves and the fact that I think I’ve got Photogal coming along to snap some action shots. As for Rachael, while I love her and haven’t talked to her in months – and haven’t seen her since that over-packed secret show she did at The Pontiac for me just after she got signed -- I still get weirded out by being surrounded by throngs of fans adoring her when I still tend to think of her as an extremely talented little sister. My brother is going with some of his friends so maybe I’ll send a “hello” along with him if I don’t make it. I think I would like to see her though. It’d be cool to see her command the crowd at The Metro all by herself.

So on that note, it’s on to the exciting morning routine of letting the dogs out, eating some waffles and washing my ever growing mass of blonde curls. Again, how rock!

I mean, that’s hot.
__________
Addendum.

Even if I don't make it to see Ms. Yamagata at Metro tonight I think you definitely should. If you're not familiar with her already -- and why aren't you? -- then read about her here and here. Okay, I'm leaving for real now.

No comments: