Tuesday, November 30, 2004

First, the business.

Got the car back from the mechanic yesterday and, one hundred seventy dollars later, it started right up. In the rain. And the cold. It's never done that before so I'd say the repairs were a success and should assure my delivery to work for the rest of the winter.

Knock on wood.

Y'know, I've never been that great at handling money but I really have improved in recent years. Unfortunately every time I get a little extra cash saved up something like two car repairs in one week pops up and there goes all my dough. I don't really have any shows planned since I've been slacking this winter in the interest of spending more time around the homestead and now I'm feeling the pinch from the lack of extra income.

That reminds me, I've still gotta set up a Tankboy Holiday Spectacular this year. I wonder if I'll get around to it before the holidays are over!

So what's the general lesson we everyone should learn from my example and lack of funding at this time?

Buy plastics. Also, get into computer programming now, while it's still hot.

Yeah, that’s the ticket…
__________

And now, the puh-leasure.

TONIGHT

DJs Tankboy
and
Rudy Tuesday
want to fill you with holiday spirit,
and we promise we'll call when we say we will
because we ARE just that into you.

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday November 30, 2004
Free PBR from 8-9pm
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Features of the week:
We guarantee we'll play something off these new or unreleased albums!

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Bright Eyes - Digital Ash In A Digital Urn
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Dear Leader - All I Ever Wanted Was Tonight
The Detroit Cobras - Baby
M83 - Before The Dawn Heals Us
Manda And The Marbles - Angels With Dirty Faces
Mercury Rev - The Secret Migration
Nirvana - With The Lights Out
Scarling - Sweet Heart Dealer
Stars - Set Yourself On Fire
Trail Of Dead - Worlds Apart

Other people may just not be into you,
but we sure are!

Every Tuesday.
Only at Ten56.

No comments: