Sunday, January 16, 2005

Brain cells? We don't need no stinking brain cells!

Did you know that North Avenue, just a few miles west of Harlem, looks like a good place to dump a body? I dind't until I woke up there last night and realized that the cab I was in had overshot my street by quite a bit. It ended up being the most expensive cab ride I've ever taken.

Earlier in the evening I drank to block the fact that every bar we went to was packed.

Pontiac? Packed.

Liar's Club? So packed the bouncer met us behind the building as we were getting out of our car to say, "There's too many yuppies in there, we're way over capacity and I can't let you guys in so I figure I'd catch you before you walked all that way and froze your ass off."

Club Foot? Packed, packed and packed. But it was nice to see Chuck, and Laurie actually played my David Bowie song request right after I requested it! I can't believe how popular the place has become since it was far quieter back when I worked there. I'm glad people have discovered it though.

InnJoy? Okay, InnJoy was a little fuzzy, but I think it was crowded too.

Today has been spent watching the funniest movie I didn't see in 2004 and should have...Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle. It's dumb but had me laughing out loud in ways that no movie has in a really long time. It was Strange Brew funny.

Tonight? Honky Tonk Bingo at The Pontiac with Photogal since she has tomorrow off!¹

¹Nope. Changed my mind. Decided to stay in with The OC instead. I have hit the dreaded "Oliver" storyline and my brother was right, it is annoying as hell.

No comments: