Friday, January 21, 2005

Rock and/or Roll will save my soul.

And to think that I was going to stay in last night until Photogal, of all people (!), decided she wanted to go to Double Door to hang out with her friend Lauren since Lauren was working the merch table for Razorlight. I ran into Steve who told me his band had opened for the other band on the evening's bill a few years ago and boy oh boy was he was right to warn me of the impending blowing-off-of-socks I was about to experience; The Features were goddamned inspirational last night. If these cats come to your town you have to see them. I mean, they blew Razorlight off the stage last night. I'll write something more detailed over at Lost In Guyville later but for now know this:

The Features are everything a good rock and/or roll band should be.

Also tonight, same Bat-place same Bat-channel, is The Soundtrack of Our Lives and I will be there to experience the awesomeness. If you can somehow get a ticket I highly recommend their live show since it's inspirational in that steambath evangelical sort of way. not to be missed.

No comments: