Monday, January 10, 2005

Sucked into Orange County.

I wasn't hungover in the classic sense yesterday so there was no headache, no nausea, no irritability...I was just drained from being out so much later than I'm used to. I was also filled with the same sense of relief that always follows one of these late excursions since, even though I did have a blast, I was reminded of the edge of desperation that comes with being around a bunch of single people late, late at night. I was also filled with relief since I didn't get into any fights or insult anyone, as far as a I can remember although I do admit Estelle's was pretty hazy in the memory department.

Because I was so drained yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon on the couch getting introduced to my brothers DVD collection of The OC and now I'm frickin' hooked. On top of that the two-hour season premiere of 24 totally killed so you could say I'm falling in love with the folks over at Fox for green lighting these projects in the first place. I capped everything off with the first episode from the fourth season of Coupling, sine PBS is finally airing that season, so one could say the the teevee provided me with all my mental nourishment yesterday.

That would probably explain why I felt brain-dead when I woke up this morning. I'm feeling better now, though, especially after finding this picture of my nephew in my in-box:



Now that's the way to start the week off right!

No comments: