Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Dear Naked Guy at the Gym,

Would it kill you to put on a towel instead of just walking around transmitting your nakedness all throughout our rather cramped locker room? There’re actually a number of you of you but I feel that addressing you as a single faceless entity is a tad classier. No need to call out individuals in this situation. So while I appreciate the narcissistic glow you must bask in twenty-four hours a day I can assure you that we don’t need to see proof that you’re in good shape. At least not that closely.

I’ve let this go a long time since I was never sure what locker room etiquette really consisted of since I hadn’t stepped foot in a gym since high school when I started out. But I’ve been going pretty religiously for well over a year now and I think it’s time to take my stand.

Just because we have a social compact whereupon we avert our eyes at flashes of nakedness this does not give you a right to just walk around leaving your towel on your bench (which is incidentally where I was about to put my gym bag.)

You know what finally caused me to snap? I walked into the locker room yesterday and there stood a naked guy in the center of the room…talking on his cell phone.

I mean, c’mon.

So please Naked Guy at the Gym, for all of our peace of mind, wrap a towel around your waist like the rest of us, okay?

And you, Really Fat Naked Guy who insists on sitting on the stools with no underwear…you, I’ll talk to later.

No comments: