Monday, February 28, 2005

No time for love Doctor Jones.

I'm running late since I decided to stay up until 3am so I could plow through and finally finish Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It's an entertaining read to be sure but man-o-man did I have a hell of a time finishing it since I never seem to have the time to just sit down and read anymore unless I'm on an elliptical machine or treadmill! It's sad when I consider those moments quality time to spend with newsmagazines.

Overall though the weekend was enjoyable. We had a blast DJing Friday even though Rudy made a stripper cry. Okay, he totally didn't mean to and to make up for it he played her a Nickelback song. Yes, you read that right. Rudy owns a Nickelback song! So I don't wanna hear any shit whenever I decide to play that O-Zone tune "Dragostea Din Tei" that's used in the video of that chubby little kid from New Jersey dancing in his chair.

I guess you could also take that as an example of what amazingly versatile DJs we are.

Anyway, the place was packed and I couldn't have asked for a better crowd...even if all the girls were dressed in tight jeans, black tops and all had identical haircuts so that I couldn't really tell them apart. Oh yeah, they also traveled in packs. It was a little weird. Whatever, everyone had fun.

The rest of the weekend went well. The cable guy showed up and hooked us up on Saturday (though there was no pulling me aside and saying, "If you want, for a couple extra bucks I can totally get you all the pay channels too." which is what happened last time I signed up for cable. That evening's dinner at Triad was flawless (highly recommended!) and my friend Diwei who owns the place told me he called up Rachael a few weeks ago when she was in Japan and found out that James had joined her touring band. I think that's awesome news! Also it never occurred to me to just ring Rach up since I assumed she was always so busy so I;m glad Diwei jumped out there and picked up the info for me. I really gotta track her down next time she's in town and get an update. You know, stuff like, "Is Mischa Barton really hot in person or just disturbingly skinny?" Important things like that.

I would go into Saturday night's performance by Kip and Fagballs but they forced me to sign a gag order preventing me from doing so. I can say that they were entertaining without going into specifics and I can also say the "Where's Brian?" shirt that their drummer, Brian, wore was absolutely hilarious. Rudy kicked out a really stellar set especially considering he was still in the last stage of a lingering cold. Bonus points for getting Mark Doyle on-stage to bash out drums on a few numbers. It was the lightest I've even seen him hit a drum set and he was still breaking sticks left and right. The boy just doesn't know his own strength. The Memories were really, really good and were amazingly good sports since their start-time got pushed back about half an hour. All they need are a few more city gigs and I think they'll be able to start tackling the Redwalls and beating them at their own game.

Sunday was spent blissful mainlining cable television and getting hooked on the BBCs Faking It. And then the Oscars. There should have been way more Chris Rock in my opinion. And how funny was the Albert Brooks cameo promoting White Chicks? Priceless.

Hmmm...this was supposed to be a super quick recap since I don't have much time if I want to get to the gym. However it's snowing outside so that means everyone I work with will probably be in the office a little later than usual...which I guess doesn't really make any difference since we don't have set schedules. I do have a lot to do though, and I can feel my morning coffee starting the rev up and down my spine, so I suppose I should hit the road and officially get my day started.

Right!

No comments: