Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Was that a cover band or what?

Well, last night's Queens Of The Stone Age show was entertaining if not really engaging. I caught wind that Josh Homme was fighting a temperature of 102 and the band cut their set short by about an hour. On top of that I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching a band playing Queens Of the Stone Age songs as opposed to actually seeing Queens Of the Stone Age play their own songs. Did that make sense?

The evening was spent with many many friends -- and with the best of friends Photogal -- so in that regard the night was an absolute success. I could have done without going to Liar's Club afterwards, and I definitely should have done without the obligatory White Castle stop that caps off any late eveing with Photogal, but all in all it was a winner of a night.

Oh yeah, we stopped briefly by Ten56 and I'm happy to say that Josh and $in did a superb job filling in behind the decks last night. Thanks guys!

No comments: