Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bent neck syndrome.

I just woke up on the couch and had no idea where I was. I must've fallen asleep after 24. Damn.

So in my half-awake state I was thinking how the posts haven't been as wackily content-filled as they have been in the past. I blame this on my no longer wild-and-crazy-swinging-single-guy lifestyle. Face it. Life is more fulfilling when you're all comfy but it seems to get a lot less interesting. At least on the surface.

That's no excuse though.

So I could either pull the plug on this or I could attack this with a renewed sense of purpose and realize that deeper mining of the interior should unearth interesting stuff regardless of how "comfy" my exterior life has become. Not to mention that quitting blogging is so 2004. I don't wanna look like no lemming or nuttin'.

Anyway. Just a thought. I'll probably read this in the morning and wonder when I wrote this. Right brain, meet the left brain. Left brain, right.

Pleased to meet you.

UPDATE: Now that I'm more awake and capable of functioning I've gone through my last few weeks of posts and realized that they haven't been half-bad. Sometimes I'm my own worst critic. Okay, I'm always my own worst critic. Apparently I'm even more critical when half asleep.
__________

Textbook = Superchunk + Uncle Tupelo

Thus begins the "week of rock" that will culminate in the Rock Star Club, Milk At Midnight, Miranda Sound, Cells show at SubT on Friday and the Light FM, Textbook, The Assembly show at Bottom Lounge on Saturday. Tonight Rudy and I spin the usual sounds at Ten56. As a super special awesome added bonus we will also be playing the new Textbook disc The Great Salt Creek in its entirety in advance of their album release show this weekend so make sure you get there early. Also, if you get there early you can get tickets from either Rudy or I for free PBR and well drinks. Yum!

Not enough? How about songs off new albums from Oasis, Gorillaz, The Redwalls, Sons & Daughters and Stephen Malkmus? Still not enough? How about the fact that there are only a limited amount of Tuesdays left at Ten56 and you don't want to miss a single one?

Okay, back to bed. I think I'm starting to wake up and that'd be no good.

No comments: