Thursday, August 11, 2005

A little known fact about me.

I wasn't always a writer. Okay, I was in one way or another, but up until the early '90s I considered myself to be more of a visual artist. I was a fine arts major (double majoring in English and minoring in Philosophy and Acting...I know I know, shoot me now) but had been actually making money slumming around and cartooning for various newspapers over the years. It wasn't until 1993 or 1994 that I moved away from the visual arts and decided to concentrate more on the written word. There was, of course, a woman involved and I thank her to this day that she steered me in the direction more literary. Anyway, I thought it might be fun to share an occasional selection from my vast collection of sketchbooks from time to time, and today seemed like as good a time to start as any. Feel free to click on either of the below images to see them in a much larger hi-res format.



No comments: