Monday, April 03, 2006

The final countdown.

Four more days at my old job. One week until I start my new job. Some people think I'm nuts (some current co-workers included) to only have one day off between the two companies but what can I say? I wasn't going to duck out on my current boss without proper notice and the new place asked me to start as soon as possible, so I am.

I'm still in a bit of shock from the whole whirlwind of selling our house and moving into our two-flat. The pets seem to be settling in quicker than either of us, for the most part. We've had a few issues with Betty the beagle bullying Lucy the Dog in an attemept to reassert her dominance in new surroundings so that's been a bit stressful. Also, Betty has learned how to open the refrigerator (!) and while she hasn't eaten anything (yet) it is just another problem to solve in the midst of a whole bunch of arranging, rearranging, organizing and building.

I could go on and on -- and I actually have other subjects I'd like to discuss that aren't so personally centered -- but since all of our clocks "sprung forward" yesterday I'm getting a bit of a late start (relatively) this morning. The plus? I now live five minutes from my gym instead of twenty-five so I'll still get into work early enough to make it home in order to see how Jack Bauer got himself out of last week's mess.

No comments: