Thursday, July 27, 2006

Problem solved!

Well, we all know just how nuts -- and by nuts I mean actually annoyed and not "hot and bothered" -- it makes me when low-rise jeans clash with high-rise thongs? Well, I would like to thank this young lady for finding the solution to that vexing social trend.


Image via Matt

__________

Roll call!

Okay, so who's doing the Pitchfork Music Festival thing this weekend? I previewed most of day one's acts here. Day two's briefing is now up here. Also, for any out-of-towners, Chicagoist has an updated version of our Act Like You've Been Here: A Chicagoist Guide To Chicago. You can download your very own copy here. I supplied the music venue descriptions as well as the Wicker Park and Logan Square neighborhood write-ups. Take a gander and enjoy Chicago without looking like a tourist!

So are you going to the festival? Are you going to buy me a beer? Yes...yes you are, so look for me!

ADDENDUM:
Chicagomonkey had a good point in the comments, so let me make it easier for folks to find me. You've seen photos of me so you know I'll be the tall blonde wavy-haired dude...and it'll be pretty easy to locate me since I'll probably be one of those media-types standing in-between the barricade and the stage during the bands' sets. Usually I would say look for the tall drunk wavy-haired dude, but considering Saturday and Sunday's projected heat-index, I suspect I'll be drinking far more water than beer.

Stay cool,. stay safe and, if you get a chance, say hi!

No comments: