Monday, July 31, 2006

Ready Art Brut? Good Weekend!

I seriously do not even know where to begin.

Seriously.

It was a terrific weekend. I’m going to note some more personal thoughts about the whole Pitchfork Music Festival here tomorrow. However, look for my official Day One recap to go live over at Chicagoist late this afternoon here.

Oh yeah, I did want to give a quick shout out to the Panic! boys, Arturo and Pogo, for throwing a damn fine party last Friday. It warms this old codger’s heart to see the kids dancing to the rock and/or roll. I still maintain the belief that the playlist could be a tad deeper, but when I see that many people just having fun, my criticism –- in this instance -- seems a little pointless.

Remind me to try and set up a party with them sometime!

One more thing ... guess who now has a MySpace page?

Betty the Beagle!

Go ahead and add her ... you know you wanna...

SIDE-NOTE:
The accompanying photograph obviously has nothing to do with this post's content. It was orginally meant to accompany something I wrote about American Apparel and my thoughts and views on that particular company, including a few sentences about its owner. But I decided I didn't really want to print it since a) most of my viewpoints were pretty obvious and b) I am reasonably certain no one really cares about my viewpoints on this particular subject anyway. So now you'll never know exactly where I stand on this issue. I do like the photo though. And not for reasons you might think. But, again, that was all in the piece I decided not to print.

No comments: