Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A very special ep of Rock and/or Roll Tuesdays at The Pontiac.

Tonight is very special at The Pontiac. I will be joined by a fellow I've known a REALLY long time. The one, the only, Chris Chatman! We both used to DJ at the same bar, Bloomington-Normal's only freak hangout at the time, The Gallery. In Chris's words:

I met Tankboy back before he was even 'Tankboy.' He was Jim Kopeny, a skinny, long-haired hippy type from the wrong side of the tracks, ISU. I was a suburban punk/indie rock snob from the snooty private school up the street. We shared our music with the masses at B-N's only 'alternative' bar. He packed 'em in with the party tunes, and I alienated my 20 person crowd with shoegazer drivel, grunge and the latest Superchunk 7". Not much has changed, 'cept our hair.

Whilst I admit I could look like a hippy back then, I assure you I was, in fact, most certainly NOT a hippy. Just ask any number of hippies I tormented at the time. Also, I played grunge as well, since I totally had the hair for it!

Seriously though, Chris has terrific taste in music and i am really looking forward to hearing him spin tonight since it's been an awfully long time. There's even rumor we may go head-to-head, song-to-song, tuneo-a-tuneo for a spell. Maybe.

Also, I will not be breaking up any fights or drinking lots of whiskey, so that should make the evening even better!

Full deets, again via Chatman:

You got it, tonight, Tues 8/15, a duel 15+ years in the making. A college feud rekindled....

In the first ever event of this magnitude, Tankboy (aka Jim Kopeny) has called Chatman (aka..... Chatman) to the mat, out of retirement, for a friendly head-to-head DJ Death Match. We'll see how 'friendly' it stays after a few rounds of Jameson.

Call it the Bicker in Wicker. Call it the Throwdown Near Bucktown. Call the police, this could get ugly.

TANKBOY vs. CHATMAN
A Musical Melee for the Ages.

Pontiac Cafe
1531 N. Damen

Tues, Aug 15th
9pm-til the first man falls.
(or 2am, whichever comes first)


Hope to see you there.
First 3 rows may get splattered, parkas recommended.


Thanks for the preview, Chris. You're going down.

And, I will most definitely play this new DJ Riko mash-up:

DJ Riko "For Those About To Clown"

And finally, Teddybears have released a, um, unique teaser trailer for their upcoming U.S. release.

No comments: