Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tickled.

So, the state is way late on sending me my new registration sticker to affix to my license plate. This year I thought I would do something novel and actually renew it before the expiration date … however it seems to be taking its sweet time to travel to me through our wondrous postal system. No matter, I’m legal.

Which is why I’m amused that some cop in my neighborhood keeps writing me tickets for expired registration. While it is a teensy bit annoying to have to print out proof of registration, print out a letter saying I am in compliance with the law, and spending the postage to mail in the disputed ticket, it’s gratifying to know that the city is going to keep getting stymied on the fifty bucks of revenue they thought they had coming in. There’s something about contesting a ticket, when you know you’re in the right, that feels just so damn good.

Heh.

__________

Also.

A quick apology to folks who came out Saturday and were a bit confused. You see, a band that wasn't booked to perform showed up thinking they were, and instead of being a heartless bastard I let them do a set in the midst of out DJ madness. In retrospect, especially after viewing their "live" show, I realize I should have just said, "Sorry, you're not playing." but, hey, I figure we racked up some good karma points (and knocked a few years off our stay in purgatory) for letting them go ahead anyway. Thanks to Rudy, Aaron, Kelly and Chatman for all contributing music throughout the evening.

Also, to all the folks I told to meet me at The Continental afterwards: Sorry, but for once my brain actually took over and steered me towards home (and my girlfriend) instead of another bar (and more booze!) However, I WILL be there next Saturday DJing with some guests so make sure you swing on by after 11pm!

No comments: