Thursday, October 05, 2006

Disaster!

This is worse than a 30 Seconds To Mars concert.

Why did no one tell me the roof of the office at The Pontiac has a tendency to leak when rain comes down in great thundering sheets? Why did I just so happen to leave my poor little CD-mixer RIGHT UNDER one of those leaks when bajillions of gallons of water came down earlier this week? And just how priceless was the look on my face when I arrived to find my CD-mixer quite literally waterlogged?

Luckily for me, Rudy came through in a pinch and let me borrow his CD-mixer Tuesday, but that was just a single night loan. And, as fate would have it, next week's DJ is using CDs (the last few have been utilizing their laptops and iPods) and I have no electronic equipment through which to play CDs?

Bummer, huh? Anyone have any suggestions of somewhere quick / cheap in the Chicago area I can take my poor doused little baby for a look-over and possible repair?

UPDATE: The owner of The Pontiac has offered to pay for my poor widdle mixer's repair (which I think is awfully swell of him) so any suggestions on a cheap but dependable establishement to do the job would be especially appreciated now. Thanks!

__________

Sizeable weekend.

I have a killer show I have lined up for all of you Saturday night, and I expect every person that reads this, except those who are out of town that weekend, to be in attendance. Friday I will be out camping in the wilderness of Wisconsin and tonight I will be at The Pontiac swooning under the influence of The Winter Sounds and shaking with the trembling might of Bicycle Tricycle.

I will also be jamming out to this all weekend, since Agent Spark's album has been tickling my pleasure centers as of late.


And while I'm on the subject of borderline cheese (because, admit it, the above is a slice of pretty simplistic, yet edifying, pop) here's another slice. This tune come from a group that comes from the long line of bands that once opened for Woolworthy.

Plain White Ts "Hate (I Really Don't Like You)"

And finally, a tune from what is turning out to be a super polarizing album, or, as my friend Peter the Bartender said of the group, "The kids I've talked to, they don't like The Killers. They say they're a band that are liked by old people that are trying to act young. The kids, they say The Killers are no good."

Truth be told, I don't think I've actually spun a Killers track in months and months, but -- and I admit this surprises even me -- I'm finding the straining limits of the new disc to be endearing. Anyway, enough jabber. Listen to this track that veers from '80s dance-synth to overblown bombast that would make even Freddy Mercury blush. Oh wait, I think I just descibed the new My Chemical Romance single by accident. This song is nothing like that. Come to think of it, this song isn't even on the new Killers album!

No comments: