Monday, November 06, 2006

Borat and the genius that is Sacha Baron Cohen.

I have one thing to say this morning: GO SEE THE BORAT MOVIE NOW.

Anything more would really be giving too much away. Photogal and I went yesterday with her sister and the Mad Moldovan (who was equally tickled by the critique of U.S.A. / poking fun at backwards ex-Soviet republics) and the laughter was just about non-stop. I'm so glad I went to the doctor on Friday to get my cough and sore throat under control, because if I hadn't, the laughter spasming my throat yesterday during the movie would've rubbed my innards raw. Even Photogal, who had been against going to the movie because she thought it looked more cruel and mean than funny, had tears rolling down her cheeks.

So, see it before one of two things happens:
  1. Too many of the plot's particulars and surprises are given away via various media outlets.
  2. The word of mouth hype grows to Blair Witch / SoaP proportions and the actual film can never meet expectations.
It's 5 a.m. and I'm still chuckling. And a little disturbed. That's the mark of a really good comedy.

No comments: