Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Save the cheerleader. Save the world.
  • So that's what Pickle the Cat does when we're not home!

  • Oh yeah, and this!

  • Tony's about to get deleted from Wikipedia. Join in on the conversation. Personally I think his current entry merits deletion since it doesn't really follow the rules for a biographical entry. However I do think bloggers in general, and Tony in particular, do deserve entries. They just shouldn't be authored by the subjects unless there are lots of references to back up each and every claim. So delete Tony ... and then have someone reinsert him under the proper guidelines.

  • A little birdie passed me a copy of next year's LCD Soundsystem album. Expect to hear tracks from it, along with a bunch of other new stuff, tonight at The Pontiac. Also, don't forget next Tuesday, December 12 is the four year anniversary of "The Night Formerly Known As Sweet Alice Tuesdays"! It promises to be a humdinger of an evening.

  • Don't think it's escaped my notice that when I post pictures of Jane Birkin the comments are jumping, but when I write about the psyche of an alien a strange silence settles across the land.

  • Here're some ideas of what to do with your week.

__________

Girlie pop.

I go into further detail about this over at donewaiting right here, BUT I've been listening to the new Gwen Stefani for the past few days. I'm being honest when I said I wanted to go into the disc and totally dislike the whole thing, since I was so turned off by her debut.

Keep in mind I don't hold the whole No Doubt thing against her. As a matter of fact I thought they were really on to something with Rock Steady, but as a solo artist I just thought she totally blew. No Doubt shamelessly lifted their tunes from their heroes, but they didn't shamelessly cop current trends like Gwennie did on her debut.

Believe it or not, though, her new one actually has heart behind the gloss. Like I said, I'll go into more detail in a full review at donewaiting, but I thought I'd give credit where credit is due and admit that her new disc has some merit to it.

As a treat, here's the original Neptunes mix of the lead-off single.

MP3: Gwen Stefani "Wind It Up (Original Neptunes Mix)"

No comments: