Friday, February 09, 2007

Barack-star supernova.

People are going fucking bonkers about Obama making his announcement for the presidential bid this weekend.

He won't win the nom, but he'll make an awesome VP on the ticket. And then, assuming his running mate doesn't totally fuck it all up, he'll be President 8 years after that.

I haven't written about him here because, well, there's enough being written about the guy that I didn't really feel the need to add to it here. People seem to get annoyed when I point out that Obama isn't REALLY viable, but I think it's just pretty obvious when you look at it realistically.

The Daily Show pokes fun, but I think the whole "Obamania" concept is very real, and affects only a certain segment of the populace. Most people I know, including me, just happen to be the demographic smack-dab in the middle of his sights.

I keep saying I would love for the guy to run for higher office, but I'm a realist and realize that as it stands he's heavy on ideals and pretty low on practicality. Plus, the dude wheels and deals just as much as any other senator but people keep giving him a free pass for some reason. Vote for change, but don't vote for same-old politics described as change in a suit of charm.

No comments: