Saturday, February 24, 2007

The return of the Saturday Shot(s).

The return of the Saturday Shot(s).

Heather Stumpf was a waitress at The Pontiac (well, actually, maybe she still is) so I've seen her out and about over the years. What I didn't know was that she is a particularly gifted photographer. Funny how little we can know people that we constantly run into, huh? Anyway, she appears to be trying to launch herself as a fashion / live / band / pro photog and, after seeing some of her work, I can't see why she wouldn't do well at it.

Here are four of my favorite shots. Take a gander at even more eye candy over at her Flickr page, heatherstumpfphotography. As always click on the images for larger views.

These first two are the photos that initially caught my eye. The dude being mauled by the Sexy Santa's Wives is my friend Casey. I think I like these so much because they really showcase the goofy wild man usually hiding under his usually composed exterior.



This next one is of Bible Of The Devil. if you've ever seen them, the dudes never stop moving, but somehow Stumpf caught Mark (the singer / guitarist) literally in the eye of the storm. There's a weird mixture of calm and impending calamity that really make this photo appealing.


This final shot is of Skeleton Witch, a band I've never even heard of, much less seen live. But just look at that photo; doesn't it make you WANT to see them?


It just hit me after looking at those first three photos, that one of the reasons I like Stumpf's style so much is because she has the power to make me view familiar people and settings in a new way. isn't that one of the things art is supposed to do?

No comments: