Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stop givin' Kelly so much crap, m'kay?

Stop givin' Kelly so much crap, m'kay?

Much has been made about the fact that Kelly Clarkson has supposedly gained weight.

Here is a picture of her singing at a recent show.


Now while she's not built like your average anorexic chart-topping pop-tart, she is far from being "fat." In fact she looks pretty damn good to me. Give a girl a break, and stop trying to force every fucking celebrity to drain themselves to twig-level in order to be viewed as attractive (See also: Lily Allen (another one who is far from being overweight) and her recent breakdown vis a vis her self-image as it has been influenced by industry expectations.)

People, I understand sex sells, but I don't believe that what is "sexy" can be so narrowly defined. I think Kelly Clarkson is super-sexy, and I think that's so because, yes, she's cute, but she also has a charisma that's addictive (I think it's what some call "star power) and she's unbelievably talented in the vocal department and I think it's all those things and a number of other intangibles that actually makes her so freaking hot.

I'm trying to put all this in a non - "sensitive - dude - who - respects - the - ladies" manner since that's not where I'm coming from. (Even though I am reasonably well mannered and sensitive when it comes to that sort of thing, I also understand that sometimes sexy is just sexy and devoid of and sort of pragmatic distancing.) I really do think Ms. Clarkson is hot in an "if - I - was - single - I'd - TOTALLY - chat - her - up" sort of way. Anyway, I'm just tripping over my own words at this point, aren't I? So I'll let it go. But I will say this; next dude who decides to call Kelly fat is getting it.

M4A: Kelly Clarkson "Never Again"

UPDATED: Hear brief interview with Kelly on KIIS FM wherein she speaks about Clive and her love of Guitar Hero.

No comments: