Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wolfmother ... small and intimate.

Wolfmother ... small and intimate.

I'm not going to say much about last night's private Wolfmother show at The Metro since i'm reviewing it for Chicagoist, but I will say it made up for all the disappointment I felt after missing them every other single time they've been in Chicago. I've always had a show, or a DJ gig, or was out of town ... and considering the amount of print I've produced extolling their virtues it began to seem pretty cruel that if I ever did see them, it was destined to be in an arena setting with a bunch of meatheads.

So I would like to thank a particular corporate entity for bringing them to Chicago and only letting a couple hundred reasonably well-behaved people into The Metro to see Wolfmother put on one hell of a 90-minute show. I don't even like your bourbon, but I've got to say that, as far as big businesses go, you're okay in my book!

BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR: getting Photogal to pump her fist in the air, extensive use of the cowbell, gravity defying hair, my IT guy's girlfriend getting singer Andrew Stockdale to give her his vest

MP3: Wolfmother "Woman (MSTRKRFT remix)"

No comments: