Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Press Release: The "I think my head just exploded" edition.

Press Release: The "I think my head just exploded" edition.

This seriously just arrived in my in-box, and I don't even know where to go with it ...
AL JOURGENSEN TO JOIN CHEAP TRICK
AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL
FOR THE BEATLES'
"SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND"

40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

LOS ANGELES, CA - July 31, 2007 -- Ministry's AL JOURGENSEN has been confirmed to special guest with Cheap Trick when they perform The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" from start to finish in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the landmark album. Jourgensen will join Cheap Trick onstage in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl on August 10 and 11 to perform the Beatles' "I Want You (She's So Heavy)," considered to be one of the most complex songs ever recorded by the Fab Four.

At the specific request of Cheap Trick's Rick Nielson and Robin Zander, the Ministry guitarist/vocalist has re-arranged the song and made it "bent, in the Al Jourgensen way." Ministry/RevCo guitarist Sin Quirin will join Jourgensen and Cheap Trick onstage for the performance.
It's just, I mean, I ... I love Cheap Trick, and I have a real soft spot for Ministry, but I thought the idea of Cheap Trick covering Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in its entirety was a bad idea to begin with, so I can't see how this pairing can be anything more than a bad acid trip to rival the Stigwood production of the movie adaptation.

No comments: