Friday, July 20, 2007

The world catches up to Steve Albini.

The world catches up to Steve Albini.

I like Steve Albini. He's always been unfailingly polite when I've encountered him, even though I once drove him out of Club Foot with my song selections when I was DJing there years ago (or so the owner told me). He often gets a raw deal for supposedly being an asshole, but I chalk that up to the fact that he was one of the only folks willing to tell it like it is way back when. Nowadays more people are aware of the idiocy of the music biz, so Albini appears as if he's mellowed, even though it's actually just the times catching up to him.

Anyway, this thread with Albini answering just about any and all questions posed to him has been going on for a while (I'm guessing things are quiet at E.A.R. right now?), but this is by far my favorite response (click the image to enlarge and read).


Don't get me wrong, I love Urge Overkill, but it's no secret that they barely appeared on their own Major label break-through album, even though no one seems willing to talk about it.

No comments: