Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Your booty, and how to shake it.

Your booty, and how to shake it.

Tonight I present a show at Elbo Room. I know I swore off doing any shows until after festival season but I was called upon to help friends of friends, and in doing so was able to include actual friends and an old favorite. I've done many shows at Elbo Room, but this will be my first one since the new talent buyer took over, so we'll see how it goes. I always get nervous when a new guy takes over a room, but I've worked with the rest of the staff there over the years and they've always been nothing less than fabulous, so I'm sure it will go well.

Something else I've noticed, since I ramped down the booking over the summer, is that a number of people have approached me to show their appreciation for what I do. Apparently promoting is a lot harder than they thought, and they're kind of right. It can be tough. But as long as you stick to your guns, work with the people you want to, and pick your shows judiciously it can be incredibly rewarding too. And sometimes you even make a little money!

Anyway, tonight's bill is.

TONIGHT
at
Elbo Room


Tankboy presents:
The Midnight Shows
Lovers In Transit
Ash In Pensacola

Doors: 8:00 p.m.
Show: 9:00 p.m.
$8 cover

It really should be a lovely time. And then I DJ tomorrow. And then ... aw hell, Wicker Park Fest is this weekend too. You may as well just give in, start drinking tonight, and come up for air sometime Monday morning.

And yes, I have been waiting for MONTHS to use that photo of Rudy and a gorilla from Ten56.

No comments: