Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Because I can't be bothered to focus this A.M.

Because I can't be bothered to focus this A.M.

  • I really wanted to like the new 1900s album, and that's why I asked to review it, but I was sadly let down by the hype and promise conveyed through other music writers' words. You, however, will have to wait until next month's ish of UR Chicago to see what I'm talking about.
  • I had a lovely time celebrating Eric and Danielle's wedding last night, even if I was two inches from running screaming from the bride as she kept asking me when Photogal and I were getting hitched.
  • What makes anyone think Photogal actually wants to marry me?!
  • The Burlington is, hands down, the bar of 2007. The Continental carried that mantle last year, but now it's time for the new kid on the block to take over.
  • I was sorry I missed The Chemical Brothers last night, until I ran into Ed and co., all of whom helpfully informed me that the volume was ear-splittingly -- and for once, not in a good way -- loud. I deal with the possible damage my own drumming does to my ears, I don't need the added worry.
  • The (ex?-)owner of Cheetah Gym discovered my Chicagoist articles and responded with thousands of words defending himself. Unfortch, within that sea of text, he also released personal info about employees, as well as unproven accusations, so I had to delete them. After he posted the same thing 5 times I finally had to ban his IP address. I wish someone currently working at Cheetah would just email / call me and fill me in on what really happened. I feel uncomfortable asking that sort of thing right before I hit the elliptical y'know.
  • Lucy the Dog is a lovebug.
And, just in case you're one of the three people that hasn't seen this; "Thriller" ... Manila-stylee.

No comments: