Thursday, October 25, 2007

Almost there ...

Almost there ...

This week at my 9-to-5 I'm working on one of those projects that's sort of tedious and time-consuming. One of those where all your attention gets sucked in, you look up and realize that 4 hours have passed since you last looked at the clock, yet you feel like you barely made any progress. And of course it's on a project with an unmovable deadline, so I'm working as fast as I can. For a guy like me, who likes to get things completed quickly and efficiently, it's a bit frustrating. There is an upside though; my workdays speed by, and that sort of balances things out.

But the weekend is around the corner, and it promises to be a doozy. Halloween is like Christmas for adults, and it looks like people will be celebrating it non-stop from Friday through Wednesday. Maybe they should just make it a national holiday and give everyone the next half-week off? My plans are still forming, but the one place I know I'll be twice is The Burlington. I'm spinning a full set Friday night, and I'll be DJing with a number of the other regular DJs, including The Prairie Cartel guys, on Halloween night. I'll give you more details about each on the appropriate days.

And we're just about a week out from the first America's #1 Sweetheart show in, geez, almost two years. And the first show ever with Tom on keys and me behind the kit. Not only are we sounding pretty durn tight, but we're comfortable enough now that Keep is brining in new songs this week that we just might be able to hammer into good enough shape to play them at the show. Not bad considering that when we started it took us about two months to get a song down. We're learning!

And finally, don't forget to swing by Liar's Club tonight to see my compatriots in crime do the Bomb Squad Thursday thang. Tonight's villains include the lovely duo of Amber Waves and June Cleavage, joined by the dashing Vinyl Richie. They'll be spinnin' it old school, yo. And new school. And not-even-thought-of school. Rad.

No comments: