Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Being sick sucks.

Being sick sucks.

Yeah, I'm working from home today to spare my co-workers from having to listen to me hack and wheeze, while simultaneously fearing I will infect them with the plague just in time to be sick over the New Year's Eve weekend.

Posting is minimal all around this week, huh? I haven't heard a peep from my A&E staff (and, between you and I, I've been slacking on the Chicagoist front this week as well, so I've got to kick my own ass into high gear through the rest of the year) and most sites seem to be functioning with a skeleton crew. What can I say? It's that time of year when no one is really feeling it, huh? The urge to kick back and coast has permeated the writing community. The funny thing is, come January 2, everything will flip back to normal, posts will be frequent, and writers will just start churning the stuyff out. What a difference a specific date can make to the collective psyche.

I did get my Idolator ballot in, though I'm not 100% sure I was happy with it since I entered albums I listened to the most, but not necessarily discs with some sort of super-deep artistic merit. Because of that there's nothing like the stuff populating most of the other year-end lists (i.e. no Animla Collective, etc.). However, since I got the selections out of the way, that means I'll probably have my end-of-year write-up on donewaiting before the actual end-of-year. Yay!

No comments: