Thursday, December 06, 2007

Year of the Perdue Wonderchicken

Year of the Perdue Wonderchicken

First, some business. America's #1 Sweetheart is playing Ronny's tonight with a bunch of other bands.

We go on third, but I won't tell you what time that is, because people that go to shows should try and see all the bands (unless they are a music writer that has multiple shows to hit in one night, in which case they should have either already seen, or will be making a future effort to see, the other bands on the bill).

Since we're playing later in the evening, that means we'll be drunker, and that means ENTERTAINMENT! Said entertainment may include spontaneous bouts of nudity (but I promise to keep my own shirt and pants on, 'cuz no one wants to see me naked)!

And now, some bullet points with a couple random Friday observations.*
  • The fact that Kiefer Sutherland acts like a drunken fool is a-ok with me, especially when he takes responsibility for his more inane activities instead of trying to weasel out of jail time like most other celebs. Still waiting for him to show back up at Liar's Club so we can do the worm together since I missed it the first time around.
  • Jennifer love Hewitt, whom I've had a crush on since Party Of Five, even though said crush has been sorely tested by her parade of idiotic boyfriends and insipid acting roles, is not even remotely fat. And Steve Johnson is still an asshole without a clue.
  • I bet Drew Peterson is starting to have problems sleeping at night ... finally.
  • Bush finds a whole new way to fuck up the economy.
  • Emergenza is a ripoff.
  • Those year-end list are flying around the Interwebs in a fast and furious fashion. I haven't even started mine yet and, honestly, am having a hard time picking out my top 20 or so albums from 2007. I do know what the best show I saw was, though, and am happy to have a recorded document of a different date on the same tour. It brings back all the happy musical memories of that night.
SIDENOTE: The photo connected to this post is of my friend Alison. Some might think she has absolutely nothing to do with the above content, but in fact, she does. I met Alison on my 30th birthday through a good friend named Freud ... a genius of a guy who played bass in one of my favorite bands at the time ... America's #1 Sweetheart. And the circle continues.

*More accurately, though this should be apparent if you've already read the bullet points, these observations happen to be made on a Friday, and are not about Friday itself.

No comments: