Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Still adjusting.

Still adjusting.

Now that I have a couch AND a chair in my apartment it's feeling much more like, well, an apartment. I bought a bunch of incidentals that I've been needing yesterday; things like a shower curtain to keep a lake from forming on the bathroom floor every time I bath, a Brita water pitcher so I don't have to resort to drinking beer to avoid consuming undiluted tap water, and a Nylabone to add to the arsenal of tools I'm employing in hopes of getting Betty the Beagle to shut up, if even for a little while, when I'm not home.

To say the beagle is having a hard time adjusting would be an incredible understatement. I took her to the vet last week only to discover that, for once, I was actually doing everything right from my end when it comes to trying to train Betty to not freak out every time I leave the apartment. I actually dropped a couple hundred dollars that I really don't have to get complete blood work run on the pooch to make sure that if we decided to put her on some anti-anxiety medication during this transition that she won't have a negative reaction to it. However her barking is making me feel like a prisoner in my own apartment since I'm consumed by guilt when I dare to venture out, since I'm super stressed about what she's putting my neighbors through. Believe me when I say that little beagle makes A LOT of noise ... I have no idea how she hasn't lost her voice yet!

No comments: