Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday morning miscellany.

Monday morning miscellany.

Just waking up and can't really focus, so, bullet time!
  • Started recording my drum parts for the demos last night. This morning I'm sore. It went well, although I was having trouble being 100% pleased with my performance on one of the tunes, so we played it over and over and over again, which is probably why I'm sore. I needn't have worried. Keep played back the last take to me and even though there was still a minor flub it sounded pretty good.
  • My landlord sent over a handyman Saturday to do a bunch of stuff promised in my lease, but the dude only did a fraction of the work, and he did it poorly. Dude, if you're going to needlessly paint a closet door, you could at least warn me there's wet paint!
  • My hair is out of control this morning. It's doing this Syd Barrett afro thing. Yikes!
  • I learned that The Note is turning into a sports bar. Well, maybe not a sports bar, but they're closing to remodel in May and will re-open sans bands. Ah, the ending of an era.
  • I finally saw the rooster and the chicken that live next door to me.
  • Did my taxes. I owe money. Hooray.
  • Saw Textbook Saturday and they were great. Their new album is terrific.
  • It's Monday. Time to make the donuts.
Photo by Kimblahg

No comments: