Thursday, May 22, 2008

Betty the Beagle: Exonerated!

Betty the Beagle: Exonerated!

This news just in!

FACT: Betty the Beagle is in doggie daycare today.

FACT: Betty the Beagle left the building at approximately 7:30 a.m. today.

FACT: A friend of mine JUST leaving the building, hours after Betty's departure, just texted me that there are a number of dogs barking in a number of apartments!

CONCLUSION: While Betty certainly does bark, I am no longer buying the story that she barks all day long when I DO leave her at home. I DO believe that she used to, but I think she's gotten past that point, at least during daylight hours. At night I can't make the mistake of not sedating her. I didn't back at the beginning of the month and greeted my brand new neighbors with the sounds of her barking madly all through the night ... thus setting her up to be the future scapegoat for any other barking. Totally my bad.

In fact I left her at home yesterday, but stopped back in on my way to work after the gym, and there was silence. Betty is making progress! I still feel the need to bring her into daycare when I know I'll be out that night, but I think I can start transitioning back to leaving her home a couple days a week.

Good job Betty!

No comments: