Monday, June 23, 2008

Sloooooooan!

Sloooooooan!

Last time Sloan played Double Door it was on the "greatest hits" tour and I was lucky enough to be the DJ that night. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to opening for them, even though I think my band would be a nice fit. Well, they're back in town tonight and luckily for all of us they're playing the relatively intimate Doble Door again.

I recently reviewed their excellent new album and I'm really looking forward to hearing a bunch of the new tunes intermingled with old favorites.

They are without a doubt one of the great underrated bands of the last decade or so, and seeing them in a room the size of Double Door is a) awesome and b) the sort of setting their Canadian fans would kill for to see the band in. In my opinion, this is the first real show of the Summer!

Miss it at your peril.

MP3: Sloan "I'm Not A Kid Anymore"

No comments: