Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Staying out of trouble.

Staying out of trouble.

I love my ex, and I don't mean that in a creepy stalker way. We genuinely still get along terrifically, and to be honest I wasn't sure if that would be the case once we were both involved with other people. The fact that we still get along so terrifically leads me to believe we broke up for the right reasons, and that's kind of nice to know. We still meet up and grab dinner or something once a week, and she's even kind enough to let me do laundry at her place ... as long as I pay for it. Fair enough!

At the same time I think sometimes I'm a little too comfortable with my ex. For instance I was chiding her for not inviting me to the farmhouse in Michigan and she asked me what my lady friend would think of that. I admitted I hadn't thought about that, since in my head there's no weirdness involved in wanting to spend some quality time at a place I put more than a few hours of hard labor to rehab. Of course when I took a step back and thought about it I realized Photogal was right and I was being a bit self-absorbed.

Even now she's still looking after me and keeping me from getting myself into trouble!

And now, random factoids:
  • I was supposed to see The Kooks last night with my lady friend, but backed out so I could spend some quality time with a certain beagle.
  • I am completely clean shaven for the first time in over a decade. My chin feels naked. And the likelihood of my getting carded for smokes just shot up 90%.
  • I love Ted Leo, but am unsure that a street festival is the best place to debut a slew of new material.
  • Southland Tales was certainly interesting, but I can understand the backlash. You shouldn't have to read an insane amount of backstory to understand a film, but at least it all made a lot more sense when I realized it was a loose reinterpretation of the Book of Revelations.

No comments: